Communications Technology Forecasting Group (CTFG)
• AT&T • Charter Communications, Inc. • Comcast Corporation • Cox Communications, Inc.
Chair 2013 Chair 2014 Chair 2015-2018
Robert Garringer Kelly Necessary Larry Vanston
Manager – Property Taxes Senior Director President
Verizon Time Warner Cable Technology Futures, Inc.
The CTFG was informally founded in 2011 and in 2013 merged with the Telecommunications Technology Forecasting Group (TTFG) which has been active since 1985.
- Promote the application of formal forecasting methods to support asset valuation and depreciation,
- Sponsor industry studies in subject areas of common interest
- Update key industry metrics and forecasts (e.g., broadband speeds, access line losses, set top boxes, OTT penetration, etc.)
- Maintain recommendations for industry depreciation lives for telecom equipment as part of its traditional TTFG mission.
Technology Futures, Inc. (TFI) is the primary research and forecasting firm for the CTFG.
Other consulting firms active in the CTFG are:
• AUS Consultants • CostQuest • Deloitte • Duff and Phelps • Ryan