In case you haven’t heard, Austin is a hotbed for Virtual and Augmented Reality. We are excited to announce that one of its leaders, Austin AR Lab, is collaborating with us on our TFI Communications Technology Conference, Austin, Jan 25-26, 2018. Yes it’s for “Real!” Live Demos and a Keynote. We are in for a treat, so be prepared for fun and enlightenment.
● Keynote: Mohammed Ali, Chief Architect, Austin VR Lab
“Augmented Reality: Status, Applications, and Prospects”
● Live VR Demos using Top-of-the-Line Vive Headsets
● Live AR Demos using Custom Smart Phone Headsets
● Special Bonus: Everyone takes Home an Austin VR Lab
Custom Smart Phone Headset!
VR and AR are sure to have immense impacts on the communications industry even if we don’t yet know the exact path. It’s our job to understand these technologies and where they are headed. Nice work, if you can get it!
We hope you will join us in Austin as industry leaders share the latest trends and developments impacting communications technology.
Great News! Registration is now open for the 13th Annual TFI Communications Technology Conference, Jan. 25-26, 2018. Join us in exciting downtown Austin as industry leaders and professionals gather once again to share the latest trends and developments impacting communications and asset valuation.
Industry Experts Covering Communication
Technology’s Most Vital Interest Areas
- Wireless Communications
- Broadband & Video Communications
- Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Vehicular Automation
- Impacts on Valuation
Leave this event understanding—and being
able to explain—how technology is changing
the communications industry in 2018 and beyond.
- The latest overview and updates of changing communications technology
- A summary and annual review of top communications trends by legendary forecaster Dr. Lawrence Vanston
- Illuminating discussions of current and emerging issues in the communications industry
- Insights on the impact of these changes on asset valuation
- Opportunities to connect and reconnect with fellow professionals and thought-leaders during special events
Don’t miss out! Take advantage of our Early-Bird Rate for General Admission and Assessors/Government/Academia!
Start 2018 with the latest knowledge and insights on the
key forces impacting your organization!
January 2017 Conference Highlights: We are working on a great speaker lineup for 2018! To give you an idea of the quality of our keynotes, speakers, and panelists, check out Videos, Slides, Keynote & Speaker Bios & Photos from the January 2017 TFI Conference.
If you haven’t already had a chance to view the videos and slides from the 2017 TFI Communications Technology Forecasting & Asset Valuation Conference, be sure to check them out! Thank you Jon Williams and video team for a great job filming and editing the videos.
You can select the videos and slides by speaker on the schedule. We also have posted lots of fun photos on the TFI Conference Facebook page.
Thank you once again to all the great keynotes, speakers, sponsors, and conference attendees. We really appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm!
We hope you will be able to join us at our 13th Annual TFI Communications Technology Conference, January 25-26, 2018. We’ll be meeting once again at the beautiful Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Austin Texas. We are working on a great speaker lineup and schedule for 2018 so be sure to revisit the site for updates!
Thank you to everyone who attended the 12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference! We hope you left with lots of new ideas and inspiration from the content and connecting with the other attendees. Whether this was your first time or you’ve been coming for while, each of you brings something special that adds to the magic of the conference. We greatly appreciate you. We are particularly delighted that six of you were at the inaugural conference 12 years ago!
A special thanks to our fabulous Keynotes, Guest Speakers, and Panelists. We couldn’t have done it without our wonderful Sponsors, AusConsultants, CostQuest, and Deloitte! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The Conference Slides are all up!
Thank you to everyone who filled out our Critique Sheets. We particularly appreciated those who left kind comments that we can quote to attract attendees to next year’s conference.
If you didn’t fill out a Critique Sheet, please click here to fill one out, or reply to this email with comments. We greatly appeciate endorsements!
We will post pictures soon, followed by conference videos of the sessions. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or if we can be of service.
Larry Vanston and the TFI Team
We are really looking forward to another great TFI Conference this week in Austin. We hope you can join us. If you haven’t already registered, there’s still time!
12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference
January 26-27, 2017, Courtyard Marriott Downtown, Austin, Texas
Wednesday, January 25
–Pre-Conference Reception: 6:15 – 7:15 pm Hosted by CostQuest
Thursday, January 26
–Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
–Reception, 5:45 – 7:00 pm
Friday, January 27
–Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
–Box Lunch Discussion 12:30 – 1:20 pm
Register now and join top technology thought-leaders and industry, consultants, and government professionals to connect and get updates on the most vital areas including:
–Wireless Communications, including 5G and HetNets
–Broadband & Video, including Gigabit Networks and OTT
–Network Technologies, such as SDN/NFV
–Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, VR/AR, Cognitive Computing
–Fast Data, and Vehicular Automation
For more information visit the TFI Conference Site or call us at (512) 258-8898 or email at email@example.com.
There’s still time to register for the 12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference, January 26-27 at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Austin, Texas. Register now and join top technology thought-leaders and industry, consultants, and government professionals to connect and get updates on the most vital areas including:
- Wireless Communications, including 5G and HetNets
- Broadband & Video, including Gigabit Networks and OTT
- Network Technologies, such as SDN/NFV
- Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, VR/AR, Cognitive Computing, Fast Data, and Vehicular Automation”
It’s not to late to register! Below is the list of speakers and agenda. For more information, we invite you to visit the TFI Conference Site or feel free to call us at (512) 258-8898.
The TFI Team
TFI Communications Technology Asset Valuation Conference
Wednesday, January 25
Pre-Conference Reception: 6:15 – 7:15 pm Hosted by CostQuest
Thursday, January 26
Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Reception, 5:45 – 7:00 pm
Friday, January 27
Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Box Lunch Discussion 12:30 – 1:20 pm
Speakers & Agenda:
- “The New Transformative Technologies”– Lawrence K. Vanston, Ph.D., Conference Director, President, TFI
- “Communication Technology Update” – August (Augie) Grant, Ph.D., Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communications, University of South Carolina; Co-Editor, Communications Technology Update and Fundamentals
- “Virtual and Augmented Reality: Games, Shows, and Apps” A Short Film by TFI
- “New Broadband/Video Markets, Impacts, and Bandwidth Point/Counterpoint” – Augie Grant and Larry Vanston
- THOUGHTLEADER: “An Interview with Byron Reese, Publisher of Gigaom” – Byron Reese, Author, Futurist, Entrepreneur, Technologist CEO/Publisher, Gigaom; CEO, Knowingly – Carrie Vanston, Leader, Corporate Cultures that Rock (Interviewer)
- KEYNOTE: “From Here to 5G” – Iain Gillott, President & Founder, iGR (iGillottResearch, Inc.)
- “Wireless Industry Panel” – Gary Wiggins, Executive Director – Property Tax, AT&T, Jim Dombrowski, Manager Property Tax, Verizon, David Schneider, Manager, Ernst & Young Contractor for Sprint, Stephen Yergeau, Director, Property Taxes, T-Mobile
- “TFI Wireless Forecast Update” – Ray Hodges, Senior Consultant, TFI
- KEYNOTE: “Computer Vision – Welcome Our Newest Consumer of Video and Bandwidth!” – Kristen Grauman, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin
- “TFI Broadband/Video Forecast Update” – Lawrence K. Vanston, Conference Director, President, TFI
- “The Post Millennials and their Impact on Communications”– Anne Boysen, President & Founder, After the Millennials
- “SDN/NFV: Tutorial, Insights, and Impacts” – Dub Dublin, CEO, Dublinvention LLC
- “IoT Security or Lack Thereof–Constraint or Showstopper?” – Dub Dublin, CEO, Dublinvention LLC
- Broadband Industry Panel and
“Communications Industry Current Affairs”
- – Jeff Binkley, Advisory Director, Deloitte, Christian Altenburger, Manager, Property Tax, Comcast, Joel Rubensohn, Senior Tax Manager, Cox Enterprises, Robert Strong, Tax Director, AT&T, Jim Dombrowski, Manager, Property Tax, Verizon, Steven Ingram, Manager, Property Tax, CenturyLink
- “Communicating about Technology Change: Five Keys for Success” Box Lunch Presentation and Discussion – Carrie Vanston, Lead, Corporate Cultures that Rock
Location/Accommodations: Courtyard Marriott Downtown, 300 E. 4th Street., Austin, TX, 512-236-8008 or 800-321-2211. The hotel is in walking distance to Austin’s best live music venues and restaurants and is near the Texas State Capitol, the University of Texas, and other popular Austin sites.
We hope you can join us at the TFI Conference.
We look forward to another wonderful year of learning, sharing, and networking!
Happy New Year!
UPDATE: Good News! The Marriott has extended our room block one week. Attendees can reserve studio suites until Wednesday, January 11, at 5pm CST.
If you can join us for the TFI Conference later this month and would like to stay at the conference hotel book your room today!
Rooms in downtown Austin are very scarce the week of the conference. Our special rate for studio suites at the conference hotel is $249 per night plus tax. Rooms can be booked online or call the Marriott at 512-236-8008 or 800-321-2211 and mention you are with the “TFI Asset Valuation” group.
The Courtyard Marriott Downtown is in easy walking distance to Austin’s best live music venues and restaurants and near the Texas State Capitol, the University of Texas, and other popular Austin sites. (Photo source: Marriott)
And if you haven’t already, be sure to register now for the TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference, January 26-27, 2017 in Austin Texas.
We look forward to seeing everyone later this month.
We hope you will be as excited as we are about the VR/AR session for the TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference:
“Virtual and Augmented Reality: Games, Shows, and Apps”
A Short Film by TFI
VR/AR has the potential to revolutionize media and have a tremendous impact on communications networks. In order to better convey the power and scope of this technology, TFI is producing a short film with examples of AR/VR ranging from gaming to cinema to industrial applications to you name it. A point/counter point discussion follows on the market potential for AR/VR, its impacts on broadband and video, and its bandwidth requirements. Fun and valuable!
Visit the conference website for more details on Keynotes, Guest Speakers, Panelists, and the full schedule. Register today! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tfi-communications-technology-…
Also, if you plan to stay at the conference hotel, a limited number of studio suites are still available for $249 per night (cut off is January 4). https://aws.passkey.com/event/14934031/owner/31218/home
We know this season is super busy, so we are happy to extend our Early Bird Rates for the TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference until Friday, December 16! Please register now.
Be sure to check out the TFI Conference website for a complete list of our distinguished keynotes, guest speakers, and panelists, as well as the full schedule!
Also, please make your hotel reservations ASAP! We still have a limited number of nice studio suites available for $249 per night (cut off is January 4 or when block is full).
We hope to see you in Austin in January!
Larry Vanston and the TFI Team