Conference: Thurs & Fri, Jan 26-27, 2023
Opening Reception Wed, Jan 25
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
211 East 3rd Street, Austin, Texas
Please visit our Conference Page on Eventbrite to register and for additional details
We are excited to announce the dates and location for our 2023 – 18th Annual TFI Conference. After two years online, we are pleased to be returning to in-person conferences in 2023!
But the online sessions were a hit too, so we plan to have an online option as well for 2023! More on that soon.
18th Annual TFI Technology Conference
Thurs and Friday, January 26-27, 2023 (Opening Reception Wednesday, January 25)
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, 211 East 3rd Street, Austin, Texas
♦ Attendee Info Packet — Will post later
Videos, Slides, and Speaker Bios will be linked below in the Conference Schedule.
Thank you 2022 TFI Technology Conference Sponsors:
And Alliance Partner:
2023 Preliminary Schedule
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2023
- 6:15–7:15 pm – Pre-Conference Reception Meet & Greet – Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
THURSDAY, JANUARY 26, 2023 (Conference – Hyatt Place Austin Downtown)
- 9:00 am Introductions and Welcome • Lawrence K. Vanston, Ph.D., President, TFI
- 9:15 am TFI Industry Forecast Overview • Lawrence Vanston, President, TFI • Ray Hodges, Senior Consultant, TFI
- 10:15 am Break
- 10:30 am Wireless Keynote: Onward to 6G! • Jeffrey G. Andrews, Ph.D., Truchard Family Endowed Chair in Engering Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin and Director of 6G@UT
- 10:55 am Q&A with Professor Andrews • Ruben Miranda, Kroll (Moderator)
- 11:30 am Break
- 11:45 am Wireless Industry Panel / Implications for Tax & Valuation • TBA (Moderator) • Gary Hunter, AT&T • Stephen Yergeau, Director, Property Taxes, T-Mobile
- 12:30 pm Lunch – Conference Attendees are on their own for lunch
- 1:30 pm Broadband Keynote: What’s Next for Cable, Fiber, and Fixed Wireless? • Jeff Heynen, Vice President, Broadband Access and Home Networking, Dell’Oro Group
- 2:30 pm Discussion and Q&A
- 2:45 pm Break
- 3:00 pm Broadband Industry Panel / Implications for Tax & Valuation • Jeffrey Binkley Ryan (Moderator) • Christian Altenburger, Comcast (Invited)• John Reed, Charter (Invited) • Gary Hunter, AT&T (Invited)• Pamela Meekins, Cox (Invited)
- 3:45 pm Break
- 4:00 pm U.S. Economic Outlook • Michael A. Sadler, Ph.D., Department of Economics and Department of Finance, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin
5:00 pm Broadband Progress Update • Jim Stegeman, CostQuest Associates
- 5:30 pm Day End
- 6:00 pm Conference Reception (Location to be announced)
FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023 (Conference – Hyatt Place Austin Downtown)
- 9:00 am Communications Technology Update • August (Augie) Grant, Ph.D., Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communications, University of South Carolina; Co-Editor, Communications Technology Update and Fundamentals
- 10:00 am Break
- 10:15 am Banking on Broadband: New Visualization and Communication Technologies • Lawrence K. Vanston, Ph.D, President, TFI
- 11:15 pm Discussion and Q&A
- 11:30 am Break
- 11:45 am Round Table
- 12 :30 pm Conference Ends
Contact Helen Mary Marek,at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 512-914-8038 if you have any questions or problems accessing the videos or slides.
Links to Conference Slides and Videos will be added to the schedule above.
Videos, slides, and photos from past conferences: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014. Videos from the 2019 – 2022 TFI Technology Conferences can also be viewed on our YouTube channel. Past Conference Photos are on our TFI Facebook page.