TFI is pleased to announce that registration is open for the 14th Annual TFI Technology Conference
, Jan 24-25, 2019. Join us in exciting downtown Austin as industry thought-leaders and professionals gather once again to share the latest trends and developments impacting communications and asset valuation.
2019 Theme: 5G and its Business and Valuation Implications.
Iain Gillott, wireless expert extraordinaire, returns to TFI for the fourth time. This time Iain will lead us through a deeper look into 5G technology and its impacts on broadband, cable, video, and other asset-intensive industries.For 2019, we are re-introducing tax and valuation-specific segments to the conference to reinforce the relevance of technology change to asset valuation. We hope you’ll join your colleagues in what promises to be another interesting and important event!
Don’t miss out!
Take advantage of our Early-Bird Rate for General Admission. We are also pleased to offer a new Assessor/Academic/Government Early Bird rate of $80 for a limited block of seats!”
Thank you to everyone who attended and participated in our
13th Annual TFI Communications Technology Conference, on January 25-26, 2018, in Austin, Texas. It was a fun and fabulous few days!
Special thanks to our keynotes Jeffrey Andrews and Mohammed Ali, special guest Iain Gillott, and all the other fabulous speakers. We also greatly appreciate the support of our conference sponsors AUS, Costquest, and Deloitte.
Please visit our 2018 TFI Conference page to view presenter bios, presentation slides and videos! And be sure to see the 2018 Conference photos on Facebook.
Thanks again for your interest in TFI and our conference.
In case you haven’t heard, Austin is a hotbed for Virtual and Augmented Reality. We are excited to announce that one of its leaders, Austin AR Lab, is collaborating with us on our TFI Communications Technology Conference, Austin, Jan 25-26, 2018. Yes it’s for “Real!” Live Demos and a Keynote. We are in for a treat, so be prepared for fun and enlightenment.
● Keynote: Mohammed Ali, Chief Architect, Austin VR Lab
“Augmented Reality: Status, Applications, and Prospects”
● Live VR Demos using Top-of-the-Line Vive Headsets
● Live AR Demos using Custom Smart Phone Headsets
● Special Bonus: Everyone takes Home an Austin VR Lab
Custom Smart Phone Headset!
VR and AR are sure to have immense impacts on the communications industry even if we don’t yet know the exact path. It’s our job to understand these technologies and where they are headed. Nice work, if you can get it!
We hope you will join us in Austin as industry leaders share the latest trends and developments impacting communications technology.
Great News! Registration is now open for the 13th Annual TFI Communications Technology Conference, Jan. 25-26, 2018. Join us in exciting downtown Austin as industry leaders and professionals gather once again to share the latest trends and developments impacting communications and asset valuation.
Industry Experts Covering Communication
Technology’s Most Vital Interest Areas
- Wireless Communications
- Broadband & Video Communications
- Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Vehicular Automation
- Impacts on Valuation
Leave this event understanding—and being
able to explain—how technology is changing
the communications industry in 2018 and beyond.
- The latest overview and updates of changing communications technology
- A summary and annual review of top communications trends by legendary forecaster Dr. Lawrence Vanston
- Illuminating discussions of current and emerging issues in the communications industry
- Insights on the impact of these changes on asset valuation
- Opportunities to connect and reconnect with fellow professionals and thought-leaders during special events
Don’t miss out! Take advantage of our Early-Bird Rate for General Admission and Assessors/Government/Academia!
Start 2018 with the latest knowledge and insights on the
key forces impacting your organization!
January 2017 Conference Highlights: We are working on a great speaker lineup for 2018! To give you an idea of the quality of our keynotes, speakers, and panelists, check out Videos, Slides, Keynote & Speaker Bios & Photos from the January 2017 TFI Conference.
If you haven’t already had a chance to view the videos and slides from the 2017 TFI Communications Technology Forecasting & Asset Valuation Conference, be sure to check them out! Thank you Jon Williams and video team for a great job filming and editing the videos.
You can select the videos and slides by speaker on the schedule. We also have posted lots of fun photos on the TFI Conference Facebook page.
Thank you once again to all the great keynotes, speakers, sponsors, and conference attendees. We really appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm!
We hope you will be able to join us at our 13th Annual TFI Communications Technology Conference, January 25-26, 2018. We’ll be meeting once again at the beautiful Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Austin Texas. We are working on a great speaker lineup and schedule for 2018 so be sure to revisit the site for updates!
Thank you to everyone who attended the 12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference! We hope you left with lots of new ideas and inspiration from the content and connecting with the other attendees. Whether this was your first time or you’ve been coming for while, each of you brings something special that adds to the magic of the conference. We greatly appreciate you. We are particularly delighted that six of you were at the inaugural conference 12 years ago!
A special thanks to our fabulous Keynotes, Guest Speakers, and Panelists. We couldn’t have done it without our wonderful Sponsors, AusConsultants, CostQuest, and Deloitte! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The Conference Slides are all up!
Thank you to everyone who filled out our Critique Sheets. We particularly appreciated those who left kind comments that we can quote to attract attendees to next year’s conference.
If you didn’t fill out a Critique Sheet, please click here to fill one out, or reply to this email with comments. We greatly appeciate endorsements!
We will post pictures soon, followed by conference videos of the sessions. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or if we can be of service.
Larry Vanston and the TFI Team
We are really looking forward to another great TFI Conference this week in Austin. We hope you can join us. If you haven’t already registered, there’s still time!
12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference
January 26-27, 2017, Courtyard Marriott Downtown, Austin, Texas
Wednesday, January 25
–Pre-Conference Reception: 6:15 – 7:15 pm Hosted by CostQuest
Thursday, January 26
–Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
–Reception, 5:45 – 7:00 pm
Friday, January 27
–Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
–Box Lunch Discussion 12:30 – 1:20 pm
Register now and join top technology thought-leaders and industry, consultants, and government professionals to connect and get updates on the most vital areas including:
–Wireless Communications, including 5G and HetNets
–Broadband & Video, including Gigabit Networks and OTT
–Network Technologies, such as SDN/NFV
–Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, VR/AR, Cognitive Computing
–Fast Data, and Vehicular Automation
For more information visit the TFI Conference Site or call us at (512) 258-8898 or email at email@example.com.
There’s still time to register for the 12th Annual TFI Communications Technology & Asset Valuation Conference, January 26-27 at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Austin, Texas. Register now and join top technology thought-leaders and industry, consultants, and government professionals to connect and get updates on the most vital areas including:
- Wireless Communications, including 5G and HetNets
- Broadband & Video, including Gigabit Networks and OTT
- Network Technologies, such as SDN/NFV
- Cutting-edge Technologies like IoT, VR/AR, Cognitive Computing, Fast Data, and Vehicular Automation”
It’s not to late to register! Below is the list of speakers and agenda. For more information, we invite you to visit the TFI Conference Site or feel free to call us at (512) 258-8898.
The TFI Team
TFI Communications Technology Asset Valuation Conference
Wednesday, January 25
Pre-Conference Reception: 6:15 – 7:15 pm Hosted by CostQuest
Thursday, January 26
Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Reception, 5:45 – 7:00 pm
Friday, January 27
Conference Sessions: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Box Lunch Discussion 12:30 – 1:20 pm
Speakers & Agenda:
- “The New Transformative Technologies”– Lawrence K. Vanston, Ph.D., Conference Director, President, TFI
- “Communication Technology Update” – August (Augie) Grant, Ph.D., Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communications, University of South Carolina; Co-Editor, Communications Technology Update and Fundamentals
- “Virtual and Augmented Reality: Games, Shows, and Apps” A Short Film by TFI
- “New Broadband/Video Markets, Impacts, and Bandwidth Point/Counterpoint” – Augie Grant and Larry Vanston
- THOUGHTLEADER: “An Interview with Byron Reese, Publisher of Gigaom” – Byron Reese, Author, Futurist, Entrepreneur, Technologist CEO/Publisher, Gigaom; CEO, Knowingly – Carrie Vanston, Leader, Corporate Cultures that Rock (Interviewer)
- KEYNOTE: “From Here to 5G” – Iain Gillott, President & Founder, iGR (iGillottResearch, Inc.)
- “Wireless Industry Panel” – Gary Wiggins, Executive Director – Property Tax, AT&T, Jim Dombrowski, Manager Property Tax, Verizon, David Schneider, Manager, Ernst & Young Contractor for Sprint, Stephen Yergeau, Director, Property Taxes, T-Mobile
- “TFI Wireless Forecast Update” – Ray Hodges, Senior Consultant, TFI
- KEYNOTE: “Computer Vision – Welcome Our Newest Consumer of Video and Bandwidth!” – Kristen Grauman, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin
- “TFI Broadband/Video Forecast Update” – Lawrence K. Vanston, Conference Director, President, TFI
- “The Post Millennials and their Impact on Communications”– Anne Boysen, President & Founder, After the Millennials
- “SDN/NFV: Tutorial, Insights, and Impacts” – Dub Dublin, CEO, Dublinvention LLC
- “IoT Security or Lack Thereof–Constraint or Showstopper?” – Dub Dublin, CEO, Dublinvention LLC
- Broadband Industry Panel and
“Communications Industry Current Affairs”
- – Jeff Binkley, Advisory Director, Deloitte, Christian Altenburger, Manager, Property Tax, Comcast, Joel Rubensohn, Senior Tax Manager, Cox Enterprises, Robert Strong, Tax Director, AT&T, Jim Dombrowski, Manager, Property Tax, Verizon, Steven Ingram, Manager, Property Tax, CenturyLink
- “Communicating about Technology Change: Five Keys for Success” Box Lunch Presentation and Discussion – Carrie Vanston, Lead, Corporate Cultures that Rock
Location/Accommodations: Courtyard Marriott Downtown, 300 E. 4th Street., Austin, TX, 512-236-8008 or 800-321-2211. The hotel is in walking distance to Austin’s best live music venues and restaurants and is near the Texas State Capitol, the University of Texas, and other popular Austin sites.
We hope you can join us at the TFI Conference.
We look forward to another wonderful year of learning, sharing, and networking!